Sunday 7 September 2014

A few bumps on the track

So this rollercoaster actually started off really slow, just a few gentle bumps, yes it made my tummy feel funny so I knew something wasn't right, but because I wasn't being horrendously sick, I thought it was just indigestion or in other words, a little blip.

These blips consisted of small things: not being on time, saying he'd do things and then not, being late, being stroppy and arguing about silly things - it all sounds like normal marriage.  But mix that with his lethargy about things for me, or work and then being completely excited about something he wants to do and absolutely running with it, and I mean running - literally.  He would sit and talk, non stop and plan and go, well weird, about an idea, which to me was ok, but not worth losing your head over. There would be notes everywhere in his scribble, that only he could read, or his head would be buried in the laptop and I would be running around like a lunatic trying to get the kids sorted or clean the house, I was a bit ocd for a while, which of course didn't help. But then his responses when I tried to talk to him, were dismissive, as if I had the problem or something was wrong with me.  I was nagging.  So of course, naturally, as I have a distinct lack of self confidence, I did think that maybe I was being stupid, so I would drop it.  It would linger in my gut and fester into a knot that I had to just deal with and forget until something else bugged me.

Which it did.

Then of course there was the ever changing of jobs.  He did have a hard time, with either being made redundant or then having a job and having to work a massive amount of hours just to make a basic wage.  And of course, me the wife, was never happy - I would either moan he was never there or wasn't bringing in enough money.  Poor bloke, no wonder he got stressed, he could never win.

I suppose looking back now, its easy to see that there was something wrong, but honestly at the time, I was a seriously annoyed wife.

Please any wives out there that actually read this, just because your hubby acts an ass, doesn't mean that he's mentally unwell - so don't panic!!!! ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment